We are searching for an innovative technical lead to join our company. As the technical lead, you will oversee the company’s technical team and all projects they undertake, analyze briefs, write progress reports, identify risks, and develop work schedules. You should be able to work with your team and inspire them to reach their goals.
To be successful as a technical lead, you should always be expanding your industry knowledge and be able to quickly identify problems. Outstanding technical leads are accountable, trustworthy, and able to build lasting relationships with their teams.
- As part of an agile team, you will be responsible for the implementation of the software solution
- As Team Lead you will work with the Development Manager to help plan Sprint backlogs, contribute to application design and communicate design goals to the developers of the team
- Identify and Leverage best practices in continuous integration and delivery
- Help drive transformation by continuously looking for ways to automate existing processes.
- Explore new capabilities and technologies to drive innovation
- Work cohesively with team members to help advance each other’s skills
- Continually drive to improve the product and the customer experience
- Develop and document a detailed solution design within SDS, and impart your subject matter expertise throughout the life cycle.
- Participate in complex applications and systems development, and programming.
- Propose solution options; generate stakeholder support.
- Collaborate with stakeholders on project estimates.
- Produce top-notch functional, technical, and user interface designs.
- Take business, Enterprise Architecture, system performance, and development standards requirements, then develop functional, technical, and user interface designs for an application and/or system.
- Consult on the development of the System Requirements Specification (SRS).
- Review technical deliverables for quality throughout the detailed design and development phase, identify gaps, or redesign as needed.
- Define metrics and performance goals with technology partners and peers.
- Deliver effective and efficient solutions by meeting milestones and ensuring project deliverables are on time, within budget, and adhering to corporate quality and security standards.
- Identify ways to minimize cost, play a role in introducing strategic solutions to support cost-effectiveness, and enhance stakeholder experience.
- Conduct code reviews to address quality, standards compliance, reusability, and ease of maintenance, Operational Readiness Reviews, and support gating and review sign-offs for solution design.
- Support knowledge management processes and ensure knowledge is codified, monitored, tracked and managed.
- Ensure design leverages existing reusable components, traces back to business requirements, and that new modules are designed with reusability in mind.
- Identify and address any issue that affects the integrity of the application ( e.g. cross-capability/release issues).
- Provide technical support to promptly resolve escalated incidents/outages.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field.
- Senior Java Developer with 7+ years of experience
- Practical experience with Spring Boot 2, Spring Data (JPA, JDBC), and Java 8
- Practical experience with Spring Security (OAuth, LDAP)
- Experience with React.js, React-Native, Redux
- Practical experience designing and developing web services using modern practices/techniques including Domain-Driven Design, Event Storming, Event Sourcing and CQRS
- 5 years of practical experience with Agile development methodologies/frameworks like Scrum and Kanban, including story estimation and leading sprint planning with the developers
- Experience with development tools and frameworks such as Spring Boot, Angular, Maven, Jenkins, Gradle, Git, and Nexus
- Knowledgeable about data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques
- A passion for simplifying and automating work, for making things better, for being efficient, and helping others
- Good communicator with strong written and oral communication skills
- Cloud platforms experience (ideally Azure) and related technologies (e.g., Spring Cloud)
- Ability to diagnose, locate, and quickly fix run-time issues related either to UI, data, DB, or web stack