How to screenshot on Mac is a common question among new Apple users, especially those switching from Windows and accustomed to using the (Print Screen) button.
The fact is that taking a screenshot on a Mac merely requires hitting a few keys, but historically, the process hasn’t felt quite at ease.
Using the built-in keyboard keys on your Mac, you may snap various screenshots, including ones of your entire screen, a specific area, or even just one window.
Here are some ways to take screenshots on a Mac:
To Capture the Entire Mac Screen, Hold Down Shift+Command+3 at the Same Time.
With this MacBook screenshot shortcut, anything visible on the screen is quickly captured. A thumbnail of your screenshot will temporarily show in the bottom right corner of the screen, along with a sound effect resembling a camera shutter.
To edit your screenshot, click the thumbnail while it’s still visible.
To Capture a Portion of Your Screen, Simultaneously Press Shift+Command+4
Using this Command, you can choose which area of the screen to capture. Your cursor will change into a crosshair pointer. To select something, click and drag the information.
- Release the mouse or trackpad button after choosing to snap a screenshot.
- You can move the selection by pressing and holding the Spacebar and dragging the cursor.
- Press Esc if you want to cancel taking the screenshot.
To Capture a Window or Menu, Use Shift + Command + 4 + Spacebar
This selection captures a window or menu without the background being seen. Shift + Command + 4 first, then push the Spacebar. Your cursor will change to a camera icon.
Put the camera in focus over the menu or window you want to capture. When a window or menu is successfully selected, it will be highlighted in blue. To take a screenshot of a window or menu, click on it.
To Screenshot the Touch Bar, Press Shift + Command + 6
This shortcut stores what is displayed on the Touch Bar. Only MacBook Pro models with a Touch Bar have access to this feature.
How to Crop a Screenshot on Mac?
You must learn how to crop the image if you want to take a screenshot and remove the dock or menu bar. There are many ways to crop screenshots on a Mac, including built-in tools and paid and unpaid alternatives.
Undoubtedly the best way to crop a screenshot on a Mac is to use the new, built-in tool.
In Mac, a floating thumbnail appears in the bottom-right corner of your screen shortly after you take a screenshot.
You can access the cropping tool by clicking the thumbnail of your screenshot. The thumbnail will disappear, and you won’t be able to use the tool if you don’t click on it quickly.
- Once you’ve taken a screenshot, click the Crop icon (top-right).
- Choose the portion of your screenshot that you want to save.
- Press Done when you have finished.
Using the Preview application is another simple way to crop a screenshot on a Mac. Double-clicking any image on your MacBook will automatically launch the native Preview software.
- Double-click the screenshot to view it.
- Select View > Show Markup Toolbar from the menu at the top of the page.
- Select the area you wish to keep by clicking and dragging on your screenshot.
- The crop icon is now visible. To crop the selection, click it.
Screenshot on Macbook Air
Your productivity and efficiency could be affected if you can’t take a screenshot on your MacBook Air.
Additionally, taking a screenshot can be difficult if you have just started with your brand-new MacBook Air.
Steps to take screenshots on Macbook Air.
Step 1: Go to the search bar
Step 2: When you type ‘Quicktime,’ it will appear on the screen
Step 3: After opening Quicktime, click on the File
Step 4: The drop-down menu will present some choices. A few other options will appear at the bottom of the screen when you select New screen recording.
Step 5: Pop-up texts appear when you hover your cursor over the icons. When you select “capture the entire screen,” your entire screen will be captured as a screenshot.
Furthermore, you can crop the screen in particular places, open Quicktime Player, choose File, and then pick New Screen Recording.
This time, select Capture a Selected Window on Display.
When you are done taking a screenshot, you want to know how to paste a screenshot on Mac.
- Press Shift + Command + 4 on your MacBook Air to take a screenshot.
- Next, while holding down Control, make your mouse selection on the screen.
- Next, open the document into which you want to paste the selection, and then hit Command + V.
Facebook Business Manager Login
You can manage and organize your business on Facebook using the free platform previously known as Facebook Business Manager and now known as Meta Business Manager.
In short, it serves as a single dashboard for your Facebook marketing and advertising efforts. It keeps your professional activities away from your personal profile, so you won’t have to worry about posting in the wrong spot.
Knowing a few requirements before setting up your Meta Business Manager account is essential.
- A Facebook Business Manager account can only be created with a personal Facebook account. You log in and verify your identity using your personal account.
- Only two Business Manager accounts can be created at a time.
Steps to login Facebook Business Manager Account:
- Visit business.facebook.com. You can open a new account or log into your Facebook or Instagram account.
- Enter the name of your business and the account you want to open in Business Manager. To verify the account, you must also enter your name and professional email. To create your account, click submit.
- Look through your email for messages titled “Confirm your business email.” Click Confirm Now in the message to confirm.
- The next step is to add your business information after you’ve verified your account. This information consists of your company’s legal name, address, contact information, and website.
It can be difficult for a first-time Mac user to navigate it, especially with the MacBook Air.
However, as you can see from the example above, learning how to screenshot on a Mac isn’t very challenging.
You should expect further process changes as Apple has made it evident that they are aware of the print screen Mac issue that Windows switchers are experiencing.
Meanwhile, several great solutions on the Mac market make the process easier and provide a variety of unique features not present in the built-in Mac screenshot option
How do I take a screenshot on my Mac?
The full screen can be captured by simultaneously pressing the “Command,” “Shift,” and “3” buttons. The Mac desktop is often where the screenshot is saved.
How to take a screenshot?
Press Ctrl and Print Screen keys together. After choosing the mode and the type of snip you like, choose the portion of the screen capture you want to take a picture of.
Why can’t I take a screenshot on my Mac?
If you cannot take a screenshot, the first thing you should check is whether the screenshot options in settings are active. If this doesn’t work, use Grab to take screenshots instead of the keyboard shortcuts.
What is the shortcut for screenshots?
Depending on your computer’s hardware, you can quickly print a screen by pressing the Windows Logo Key + PrtScn button. If your device lacks a PrtScn button, you can still take screenshots that can be taken by pressing Fn + Windows logo + Space.
Where are the screenshot settings on Mac?
The first step is to select “System Preferences” from the “Apple” menu. Then hit “Keyboard” After that, then hit the “Shortcuts” option. Then select “Screenshots” from the window’s left side by tapping there.
Where is the screenshot button on a Mac keyboard?
You need to press Shift + Command + 3 simultaneously. There is no particular button for the screenshots on the Mac keyboard.
How do you take a screenshot on a Mac without pressing the buttons?
First, go to the search bar and type Quicktime. Then click on the File and select New Screen Recording. You will find the option “capture entire screen” Click on it to take a screenshot.